Terms & Conditions
Payment of registration Fees
- VIB encourages online payments of conference registration fees. For payments that are made by bank transfer (only in exceptional cases), all bank transfer fees must be covered by the participant and may not be deducted from the amount remitted. All registration data submitted to VIB will be treated confidentially.
- Upon online registration a confirmation email will be sent automatically to the registrant.
- The specific registration fees applicable to each event are listed on the event webpage
Cancellation of registration
- In case you want to cancel your registration, please send a request to email@example.com. The cancellation of registration is only valid only with acknowledgement of receipt by VIB conferences.
- Cancellation fees are dependent on the notice given:
- All notifications received 2 months before the start of the event, get refunded for 100% minus an administrative fee of 50 euro.
- All notifications received between 1 and 2 months before the start of the event, get refunded for 50% minus an administrative fee of 50 euro.
- Cancellations requests received less than 1 month before the start of the event won't be refunded.
Online registration for VIB conferences is subject to the following payment conditions:
- VIB conferences must receive the payments for the registration fees as detailed on the event webpage before the registration can be confirmed. Admittance to the conference cannot be permitted without prior receipt of payment or a valid proof of payment.
- Only in exceptional cases late registrations can also be paid onsite. Such payments may be subject to an additional late registration fee.
- Credit card payments will be processed via a secure online payment module included in the VIB conferences registration form. Registration fees charged in EUR will be debited in EUR.
- Payments may be made through Visa, Master Card & Maestro.
- All participants automatically receive a payment confirmation after registering for a conference. If you need an invoice, please thick the corresponding box ‘I need an invoice’ during the registration process and add your VAT number. Invoices can be requested up to 4 weeks after an event. After this period, requests will no longer be answered.
Conference participation and personal data
If you are attending a conference, we will use your personal information to:
- process your payments and thus your registration and facilitate your attendance at the event
- provide you with information regarding the conference including scheduling and logistics
- provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to conference attendees.
- We may also share personal information (other than payment information) of conference attendees with the other conference attendees. The purpose of this is to enable conference attendees to contact each other (prior to) after the conference for networking purposes.
Usage of photographic and video material taken at VIB conferences
VIB takes photographic and video material of participants at events. In registering for a conference you acknowledge that we may include images of yourself intact or in part for material used in various publications, press releases, promotional activities, or other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the VIB conferences website or related social media pages.
Usage of Social Media to Share Information
VIB welcomes and encourages the use of social media by participants. As a courtesy to other members, as well as to presenters at such events, we ask that you follow accepted social media etiquette.
VIB takes your privacy very seriously, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In accordance with the GDPR you have the following rights:
- The right to view your personal data that are being stored at VIB.
- The right to correct the personal data that are being stored at VIB.
- The right to be forgotten. But please not that VIB cannot delete your personal data if the storage of these data is required by law or is necessary in the context of a contract.
- The right to object to certain forms of processing.
- The right to transfer of your personal data on your request to a third party.
phone: +32 9 244 66 11
Last update (14/05/2018)